09 December 2011

A new presidents first week.


To say it was a hectic weekend would be an understatement. I have had many firsts this week, one of which is to try and resurrect this blog. My plan is to try and post 1-2 times a month so hopefully I will not clog your inbox.

Another first .. a thank you letter to Lt Gov Brown, who presented a beautiful Keynote address.

If you were at the convention you know my mantra over the next 2 years.. " leave it better than you found it" it of course is Optometry. So if I call on you over the next 2 years please consider helping.

MOA member Lamont Bunyon had the distinction of getting my first call for help when we needed representation at Joanne Benson's fundraiser, he attended with Katelin Zaluski who stepped up to help ( A future member I hope).

I had a wonderful weekend. I want to thank Rob, Jen , Megan and Kristen for pulling off a great convention and my parents and family for showing up to the installation ceremony.

If I still have your attention I would like to share one telling moment...as I was unpacking at home, I asked my youngest what he thought of the convention. "the elevators were really cool Dad"

Thanks for reading.. john

2 Comments:

At December 10, 2011 at 2:51 PM , Blogger Nina said...

In Carson's defense, the elevators are pretty cool there. Congrats on becoming President and I look forward to your posts.

 
At December 11, 2011 at 11:26 PM , Blogger Hoya82 said...

Congrats John!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home